- 16th floor Al Ghaith Tower, Hamdan Street, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Generators are required to be in compliance with the following Health Authority (HAAD) stipulations in regards to handling of Medical Waste:
• Medical Waste must be segregated at the source of generation and not be mixed with other wastes. Use appropriate bags for each of the waste categories produced.
• Do not place other wastes inside bags and containers. Contents of bags and containers must not be handled or removed.
• Make sure that bags are not filled more than 65% of their capacity and that bags are tied and sealed properly in order to prevent leakage. Do not drag bags on the floor and use trolleys for transfer.
• Bags should not be compacted in containers. Keep container covers closed. Do not fill containers to more than 75% of capacity. Store containers in final Medical Waste storage room for collection.
• Sharps boxes should be sealed with a cap or lock and should not be filled more than 75% of their capacity.